CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Playing Hooky


I am a huge believer in mental health days both for my kids and myself. Every now and then, when I see my son ready to collapse from exhaustion, I let him sleep in...my daughter rarely needs one of those free days-she provokes them:-)
So, after spending 48 hours in front of the computer working on a project the entire weekend, Monday morning I broke free.

To the beach!!! How does a human being live twelve minutes from the beach, having lived 3 hours from the nearest ocean forever and not escape?

Note: I never once played hooky in high school, and from what I heard, Robert E. Lee Park was the place to go.

I spent one hour and fourteen minutes here, just my ipod and me. And I was reborn.


Today, on the other hand, I spent 53 minutes waiting in line at the post office to pay some bills. I can wait in line for ice-cream and for the Nordstrom annual sale, but waiting at the post office is sheer torture. Never go to pay a bill the first of the month in Italy, everyone over the age of 60 is in line to collect their monthly pension, nightmare. However, I met a friend of mine standing there outside..and he informed me that a tourist "resort" called Riva Del Sole had recently opened a heated salt water swimming pool and that he would be playing hooky later in the afternoon.

I slapped him five.

0 comments: