CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Men and Gelato

Empty Cones begging to be filled.

Lots and lots of Gelato on really hot, steamy days.

Thousands of hungry-for-gelato tourists in Tuscany.

My first time in Florence I had the brilliant idea of ordering a waffle cone. They packed it with about ten different flavors and 14 euros later I was lickin' that thing as if it were liquid gold.

Everywhere you turn, Gelaterie, ice-cream stores with outdoor displays of the creamy stuff- that look so damn good- from fruity to creamy flavors that scream for you to stop and taste. Bright colors, rich chocolates...impossible to choose. So, you try a different one every day until you finally find your favorite three flavors. It is so difficult to choose just one flavor when you have so many options.

My friend once told me that every woman needs three men to make one complete man. I'm still contemplating this idea, but for now I'm working on the gelato.

Piece of advice number 1: Go for the three scoop gelato cone- price= 3 euros max

Tuscany teaches you... to pay that high price once, and if you're really stubborn- twice...then you swallow the gelato and travel on.

Photo c/o: Greg Abramowitz

0 comments: