CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Summer Camp(ing) Tuscany

Okay, when it comes to vacations, give me a five star hotel, room service and a beach with frozen margaritas at the snap of an itch...........but, there's also a side of me that would pitch a tent, roast some marshmallows and suffer a mosquito bite in some now-how-did-that-get-there spot.

I went to a summer daycamp my entire life and lived for the two overnights a summer, while my sister spent endless summers at sleepover camp and never stopped living the experience even during the schoolyear. I have never spent more than eight hours inside a camper in my entire life.

*Smile*

But the idea kind of intrigues me. There are camper-passionate people all over the world who hop in that thing and drive for hours to park it at a home base and TRAVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, seeing the Italian campsite on the beach in the Tuscan hills was a nostalgic and magical moment.

Ok...........

This is where the tourists pitch their tents!!



This is a bungalow with an outdoor grill...





So I'm standing outside the bungalow wondering what it could possibly look like inside, when my friend grabs a key and opens the door...Check this out!!!










Crazy...

The next thing I did was to follow the sign...(Beach or bust!)


...Up a short cobblestone trail...


Until I reached the beach, where I spent twenty-five minutes until I had to head back for lunch...beach-campsite-style:




Great place for kids and adults who...get a little tired of the five star hotel scene.

Click here for more details!

0 comments: