CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 17, 2010

To the Mountain!

I have been living in Tuscany for thirteen years. As far as driving goes, this is what happened. The first year I moved here, I could drive using my international driver's license. At the end of that year, according to Italian law, I could drive no more unless I took driver's education for the second time in my life and the Italian driver's test. I paid one thousand euros to re-learn how to drive, so that I could drive in a place I'd been driving in for a year.

*Welcome to Italy*

Then, something strange happened. I became so used to driving the narrow streets of Tuscany and dodging cyclists and scooters that when I returned to the US of A and the six-lane highways, I began having panic attacks. These panic attacks prevented me from driving long distances around Tuscany...until yesterday.

*Smile*

I overcame my fear, packed my daughter in the car and headed for the mountain, a small town called Santa Fiora, where my good friend had a motorcyclist event.

This was the view from my car as I not only drove, listened to music and talked to Sofia, but managed to whip out the camera and shoot the shot!

Welcome to Santa Fiora!

We entered inside a Medieval kitchen that had been transformed into a modern mess hall, where we chowed down with some Italian coldcuts, polenta and wild boar (Sofia ate that, I declined) and roasted something.


Then, we took a walk around the center and saw a famous motorcycle that won a famous championship:-D

Peeked down narrow medieval side streets...


And visited the local ice-cream parlour for some...


Smurf gelato!!!!!

0 comments: